1. What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you place socks order, subscribe to our newsletter or submit a contact form. When you order socks on our site, as appropriate, you will be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, shipping address, phone number and/or credit card information. You may, however, browse our site anonymously.
• We keep this information secure and ensure that it is not accessed by anyone other than specific administrative personnel instructed on the sensitivity of the information; • We also keep a record of any correspondence you send us including e-mail messages as this helps us to track any problems or concerns you might have;
• We need to maintain your record of purchases with usfor accounting purposes, order processing, and dealing rapidly with any issue you may have with your order
2. What do we use your information for?
Information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
• To enhance and personalize your experience – your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs such as last minute changes to your socks delivery address or to your socks subscription;
• The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order ¬only from us and no third parties will have access to it;
• To send periodic emails – enabling us to tell you about any promotions or company news that we feel may be of interest to you – but this is only where you have given permission. You may unsubscribe from receiving such information and offers at any time by simply emailing “unsubscribe” to international(@)thesocks.com.
3. How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order. We put dedicated effort to keep your personal information confidential at all times. For processing all payments on the site we use PayPal – which allows customers to pay on PayPal’s secure site and return to The Socks site to complete the transaction. With the payment processor, the customer can pay without having a PayPal account.You will fill your credit card and other billing details on a PayPal secure page separate from The Socks domain. This in turn means that The Socks Intergalactical Ltd does not have any access to your credit card details at any time.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow that). This enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. We use session cookies (temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site) to help us remember and process the items in your shopping cart. We also use the following cookies:
- Google analytics – This allows us to track things like how many pages a user has looked at or how long a user stayed on the site. Ultimately it helps us improve our site, service and the shopping experience for our customers;
- Google Adwords – using the Adwords code helps us make a better use of our paid search budget and optimize delivering our ads to customers who would find it relevant to their socks needs.
- Facebook pixel - This cookie allows us to optimize our Facebook marketing budget by serving ads to people who found our service of use or might be interested in our products.
- Mouseflow – This allows us to track anonymously how users use our site for the duration of their visit. Each recording is accompanied with information regarding users country of browsing, visit duration and pages visits. Such recordings allow us to see if people find the information they need on the site and which elements of a page can be further improved in order to improve user experience.
5. Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website or conducting our business /shipping company/ as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential under contract. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
6. Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or links on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and will welcome any feedback about these sites.
7. Your Consent
9. Governing Language
ADDENDUM ON DATA PROCESSING
TheSocks.com uses Shopify as its e-commerce platform and all information is processed via Shopify.
(a) “Data Protection Legislation” means European Directives 95/46/EC and 2002/58/EC, and any legislation and/or regulation implementing or made pursuant to them, or which amends or replaces any of them (including the General Data Protection Regulation, Regulation (EU) 2016/679);
(b) “Data Processor”, “Data Subject”, “Processor”, “Processing”, “Subprocessor”, and “Supervisory Authority” shall be interpreted in accordance with applicable Data Protection Legislation;
(c) “Personal Data” as used in this Addendum means information relating to an identifiable or identified Data Subject who visits or engages in transactions through your store (a “Customer”), which Shopify Processes as a Data Processor in the course of providing you with the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing sentence, Personal Data does not include information that Shopify processes in the context of services that it provides directly to a consumer, such as through its consumer-facing applications like Frenzy or its consumer-facing services like Shopify Pay; and
(d) All other capitalized terms in this Addendum shall have the same definition as in the Agreement.
2. Data Protection
2.1. Where a Data Subject is located in the European Economic Area, that Data Subject’s Personal Data will be processed by Shopify’s Irish affiliate, Shopify International Ltd. As part of providing the Services, this Personal Data may be transferred to other regions, including to Canada and the United States. Such transfers will be completed in compliance with relevant Data Protection Legislation.
2.2. When Shopify Processes Personal Data in the course of providing the Services, Shopify will:
2.2.1. Process the Personal Data as a Data Processor, only for the purpose of providing the Services in accordance with documented instructions from you (provided that such instructions are commensurate with the functionalities of the Services), and as may subsequently be agreed to by you. If Shopify is required by law to Process the Personal Data for any other purpose, Shopify will provide you with prior notice of this requirement, unless Shopify is prohibited by law from providing such notice;
2.2.2. notify you if, in Shopify’s opinion, your instruction for the processing of Personal Data infringes applicable Data Protection Legislation;
2.2.3. notify you promptly, to the extent permitted by law, upon receiving an inquiry or complaint from a Data Subject or Supervisory Authority relating to Shopify’s Processing of the Personal Data;
2.2.4. implement and maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, damage, theft, alteration or disclosure. These measures shall be appropriate to the harm which might result from any unauthorized or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, damage or theft of Personal Data and appropriate to the nature of the Personal Data which is to be protected;
2.2.5. provide you, upon request, with up-to-date attestations, reports or extracts thereof where available from a source charged with auditing Shopify’s data protection practices (e.g. external auditors, internal audit, data protection auditors), or suitable certifications, to enable you to assess compliance with the terms of this Addendum;
2.2.6. notify you promptly upon becoming aware of and confirming any accidental, unauthorized, or unlawful processing of, disclosure of, or access to the Personal Data;
2.2.7. ensure that its personnel who access the Personal Data are subject to confidentiality obligations that restrict their ability to disclose the Customer Personal Data; and
2.2.8. upon termination of the Agreement, Shopify will promptly initiate its purge process to delete or anonymize the Personal Data. If you request a copy of such Personal Data within 60 days of termination, Shopify will provide you with a copy of such Personal Data.
2.3 In the course of providing the Services,you acknowledge and agree that Shopify may use Subprocessors to Process the Personal Data. Shopify’s use of any specific Subprocessor to process the Personal Data must be in compliance with Data Protection Legislation and must be governed by a contract between Shopify and Subprocessor.
3.1 In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the provisions of the Agreement and this Addendum, the provisions of this Addendum shall prevail. For avoidance of doubt and to the extent allowed by applicable law, any and all liability under this Addendum, including limitations thereof, will be governed by the relevant provisions of the Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that Shopify may amend this Addendum from time to time by posting the relevant amended and restated Addendum on Shopify’s website, available at https://www.shopify.com/legal/dpa and such amendments to the Addendum are effective as of the date of posting. Your continued use of the Services after the amended Addendum is posted to Shopify’s website constitutes your agreement to, and acceptance of, the amended Addendum. If you do not agree to any changes to the Addendum, do not continue to use the Service.
3.2 Save as specifically modified and amended in this Addendum, all of the terms, provisions and requirements contained in the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect and govern this Addendum. If any provision of the Addendum is held illegal or unenforceable in a judicial proceeding, such provision shall be severed and shall be inoperative, and the remainder of this Addendum shall remain operative and binding on the parties.
3.3 The terms of this Addendum shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. The parties irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario with respect to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Addendum.